This month's Free Lunch Friday teamed up with The Good Taste Co. to launch their exciting new range of 'Good from Scratch'™ dips in collaboration with Michael Van de Elzen.
With pulses growing in popularity and 2016 being ‘Year of the Pulses’ The Good Taste Co. has ventured beyond the traditional chickpea base dips using a variety of pulses. Chef Michael Van de Elzen’s recipes use wholesome and familiar ingredients in unique combinations ensuring that flavour and health go hand-in-hand.
Here's one of his recipes, let us know what you think!
Michael Van de Elzen’s
Yoghurt Marinated Lamb Rump with Spiced Lentil & Carrot Dip
SERVES 6 | Prep Time 15 mins | Cook Time 15 mins
• 1 Tbsp curry powder
• ½ cup natural unsweetened yoghurt
• 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
• 1 Tbsp sea salt
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 3 large lamb rumps, fat trimmed off
• 1 pkt flat bread or naan bread
• 1 cup coriander leaves
• 180g tub The Good Taste Co. Spiced Lentil & Carrot Dip
1. Preheat the oven or BBQ to 190°C. Mix the curry powder, yoghurt, garlic, salt and lemon juice in a large bowl. Slice the lamb rumps in half lengthways and add to marinade, coating evenly. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Heat an ovenproof fry-pan over a high heat. Sear lamb on all sides then put pan in oven for 12 minutes. If using BBQ just sear the lamb before closing the lid to cook. Remove the lamb and rest for 5-10 minutes.
3. To serve, generously spoon The Good Taste Co. Spiced Lentil & Carrot Dip onto a serving dish, top with sliced lamb and sprinkle with a pinch of curry powder. Serve with flat bread or naan on the side. Alternatively top naan with The Good Taste Co. Spiced Lentil & Carrot Dip, garnish with coriander and more yoghurt if wished.
This recipe and others are available at goodtastecompany.co.nz