Black Bean Bliss Balls
This month, Free Lunch Friday featured the Wattie's Legumes in Springwater range. We came up with two new and interesting ways to use legumes - including these scrumptious Black Bean Bliss Balls.
These bliss balls are super quick and easy to make, providing a perfect afternoon pick me up or post workout snack. The recipe also freezes well, making them a great last minute sweet treat for those unexpected guests.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
• ½ cup dates
• ½ cup dried berries and cherries
• ½ cup ground almonds
• 2 Tbsp cocoa
• 2 Tbsp runny honey
• 400g can Wattie’s Black Beans in Spring water, drained
• Zest from 1 small orange
• Finely chopped toasted pistachios
1. Put dates, berries and cherries, ground almonds, cocoa, honey, Wattie’s Black Beans and orange zest into a food processor. Process until the fruit is finely chopped. The mixture will come together into a ball.
2. Roll the mixture into small balls. Roll balls in finely chopped toasted pistachios, cocoa or coconut. Store in a container in the fridge.
• To mix things up, try coating in chopped hazelnuts, cocoa or pumpkin seeds. Or for a more decadent version, try dipping in dark chocolate.